Monday, March 19, 2012

Prophets


Every month our prophet or one of his two counselors writes a message to the world. I was just reading the 1st presidency message from March, which is about  . . . prophets. :) This quote kept sticking out to me, not exactly why, but it did:

"The teachings of our Heavenly Father are not the ordinary, predictable, run-of-the-mill kind you can pick up in paperback at the local bookstore. They are the wisdom of an all-powerful, all-knowing celestial Being who loves His children."

I don't really have a comment on that exact quote, I just liked it. The thing I really got from this article is how the prophets guide us constantly. There is General Conference twice a year where many of God's prophets and apostles address issues that His children need to be reminded of. But what really hit me is that there is also the First Presidency Message that is in the Ensign every month. That is the instruction that home teachers are to take to the families they visit every month.  Neat way for God to get His monthly instructions out. Last month we were reminded that through prayer we can receive "direction and comfort". This month maybe we were reminded to think about prophets to be ready for General Conference which is only 2 weeks away.  I think I will have to pay more attention to my home teachers now!! 

Baby C just woke up. He says hi and he loves you. He is looking forward to watching and listening to the prophets and apostles in a few weeks. He is sitting next to me on the couch like a big boy. He wants to type you a message:

"jgsr h mmmmm7ukjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj,<WBR>,jm                            ubbnnnnnnnnmn."

No comments: