Saturday, June 16, 2012

My New Cooking Blog

I am such a culinary artist, I decided to start a new cooking blog.

Not really. 

But here is a sample of my cooking (blending?) skills:

STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE

Ingredients:

- Milk (2% 100% Lactose Free, Food Club Brand (which they don't have at Dierbergs, btw, so you might have to make an extra trip if you go there first))
- Strawberry jam that the former tenants left in their fridge
- A gallon of vanilla ice cream from Aldi
- Some strawberries you bought from the farmers market that you washed, chopped, and froze

Put a little bit of everything in the blender.
 On second thought, you should put the frozen strawberries on the bottom, then some milk, then the ice cream and jam. Otherwise the strawberries never get blended and you have to mix and mix and mix with a spoon and your have gets all sticky. 
 Eventually it will look beautiful like this and you will want to drink it right out of the blender:
 But you should be should be sanitary and sharing, so pour it into two glasses, all the way to the top. There will be some left in the blender - this is ok to pour directly in your mouth, just don't let your husband catch you.
 Husband tested, husband approved. "This is the best strawberry milkshake I have ever had in my whole entire life!" - Josh, MPA age 25 of St Louis, MO
 Then snuggle on the couch and watch The Muppets on YouTube. But make sure to put an ugly sheet on the couch because you might drool.

Everything I know I learned from the Swedish Chef:



Now watch it again with the captions on (you have to click on the YouTube link and watch it there). Quite hilarious.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Looks yummy. But we cant find the song with subtitles :(

Amy said...

Ah the Swedish Cheff!I love the Muppets. Yea!