Saturday, February 25, 2012

Baby C likes Cardinals

Spring keeps pretending it has come, then it snows and the cold keeps us inside. We love the days where we get to walk around the neighborhood. Charles is always very happy outside (equals me being happy, too). The only problem is that when he takes a nap in the stroller or in his carrier, I can't lay down on the sidewalk and join him . . .

Yesterday we went to Indianapolis to take Joshua to a job interview. It was soooooo cold, but Charles and I got all bundled up and braved the downtown. We walked around the pretty statues and old buildings and watched hotel-goers unload their suitcases. 


This is a picture from 1898. There are a few more buildings surrounding the monument now! Did you know  the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument is only 15 feet shorter than the statue of liberty? Charles and I had a great time driving around and around the roundabout circling the monument. Actually, I was frustrated about not finding a free parking spot and he was screaming in the back seat . . .  :)

This is what it looks like now. Poor Joshua got a little lost trying to meet up with us.  I eventually told him, "The flag on the state capitol is blowing towards us, follow it!" Too bad he wasn't riding in a horse and buggy with some blankies on his lap, it would have been a lot warmer. 


The internship is probably not the perfect fit, but we had a grand time checking out the capitol city. Even though we didn't get to go to the zoo (next time). Actually, there are a lot of fun things to do in Indianapolis (50 date ideas for less than $50 in Downtown Indy). We just need to figure out how to help Baby C enjoy the 1.25 hour car ride there!

And here is a movie about cardinals and our bird feeder. It may be a little boring for you to watch, but I was pretty impressed that I could be that close for so long. Aren't they so bright and pretty? I haven't ever taken a picture of the girl birds because they are brown. But I am starting to think they are beautiful, too, in a different way. I like the way their bright beaks are contrasted with their muted brown feathers. You could design a wardrobe off those color inspirations. 


Me and Joshua sharing a sunflower seed:


1 comment:

Katie said...

Oooh, I like the list of potential things to do in Indy.. Glad you got to see some cool sights despite it being so cold!