Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A little update

This is definitely not inclusive of all our summer's adventures. But at least it is a little update of what's going on this fall . . .

First day of School!


                     We are doing great here in Bloomington, IN! Joshua is    
                      really enjoying his graduate program. He likes his classes and his teachers and the students he is working with. The caliber of his peers frequently impresses him. They are also very kind and interested in me and our new baby! We don't doubt that some of them will be bringing by meals along with the RS. Joshua says that Law and Public Management are the two classes easiest for him - in the sense that they are much like his History major course work. Economics and Stats require a little more brain work, but he is doing well. Luckily he has great groups to work in. I think right now his concentrations are Finance and Public Management, but that could change. I am in charge of looking up and applying for Summer Internships. There is a CIA one that looks really neat!

Usually he has a good handle on all of his work, but he is going a little crazy this week - mostly because last weekend we went to my brother's wedding in North/South Carolina. It was a long 12 hour drive (each way), but we made it! The wedding was lovely and I enjoyed being with my family. I was very grateful to Joshua for making the sacrifice. We had some fun stops on the way - Joshua's favorite being the very first KFC, complete with small museum. We enjoyed a bucket o' chicken.

























First KFC, well, actually it is where Colonel Sanders really got started. In Corbin, KY.
http://www.corbinkentucky.us/sanderscafe.htm






  Sunset welcoming us home to Bloomington.

Another reason his life is slightly more hectic is that he just got a pretty sweet job. Somehow one of his professors is connected with an international organization that needed some Arabic translating. Joshua was hired to read Egyptian news and translate summaries of articles to help this company stay up-to-date on the going-ons there. He really loves that he gets paid for something he already enjoys doing! The problem this week is that because they hired him late in the time-table, he has to do 1 month's worth of work in 1.5 weeks. But hopefully we will get some more sleep soon . . . before we have a hungry baby...

Me and the baby are doing great. My family had fun feeling him move all over this weekend. It is pretty cute until he repeatedly kicks my ribs! I think I am getting a bruise . . . ;) But it is good to know he is healthy. Hopefully we are all ready. I am determined to use cloth diapers, we'll let you know how long we last! My mom is coming for a few weeks around his due date, hopefully he at least comes before then! And Joshua's parents are stopping in a week or so later. It will be fun to have them around the new baby.

I think that is about all the excitement around here. I stay at home and sleep all day. Try to make yummy dinners and clean once in a while! I am attempting to start up a graphic design business, but have been pretty slow and not super motivated. I will let everyone know of my website when it is presentable. Until then, you can send any graphic design needs my way (invitations, logos, flyers, you name it)!

Example of yummy food (Ratatouille)

No comments: