Sunday, November 4, 2012

This is Halloween... this is Halloween...





Ward party and chili cook off.
(Also a pie contest, in which I won honorable mention for my delectable chocolate peanut butter pie . . .)

I think Charles is mad about the whole 'taking turns' thing:








"What do you mean I have to roll the pumpkin? 
If you want to knock these things down, just attack them!"

"p.s. can I eat the eyeballs?"

 Ten points if you can place our costumes (and we didn't already tell you...).



Despite that face, we really did have a good time.
I think Charles was just caught with a mouthful of chili.



Tiger buddies.




Party after-party: chasing Sophia, the purple zebra dog.









Monsters and Me lunch at a local restaurant. Charles got a free meal!
Great music, tons of toys, and a million kids running around.
Charles was in Halloween heaven.



Very brilliant IU professor with one of his very cute IU students. 
(A little last minute creativity going on here.)




We had a good time trick or treating along the avenues, in and out of the shops, then down one of the neighborhood streets. We even had trick or treaters knock on our door. Charles loved that part, because when I was concentrating on dropping candy in our visitors' bags, he was grabbing as much candy out of the bucket as his little hands could hold!

We let him have one piece of chocolate. But I am pretty sure he ate more than just one piece of chocolate . . .








1 comment:

Katie said...

Hmm.. Your costumes made me think of The Jungle Book, with the tiger (he kinda has those sneaky SherKhan eyes on his hat) and the "I dunno.. What do you wanta do?" birds... But if you we're going for something else, I bet that was amazing and creative, too :)